Updated: Apr 13, 2022
Earlier today, Earth 2 released the first public draft of its plans for the future. It covers 40 pages, which is far too long for a regular user to read. I scanned the entire document and made a summary for all to read below:
Find the official PDF here
Earth 2 released some statistics totalling their achievements:
They also mentioned that in total, only 274 brilliant jewels exist in the game, and labelled themselves as 'The People's Metaverse', which seems to be their new slogan.
The 5 different types of 'Player'
The Base Player: Consumers 'looking for experiences, play-to-earn opportunities, rewards.'
Players can create an avatar, explore Earth 2, access P2E, and store Essence/E$
View full list:
• Create a free account
• Create their own Avatar
• Customise and Accessorise their Avatar
• Travel / Move around via foot or vehicles
• Limited Storage dependant on their form of transport
• Store Essence and $E
• Access to a balance history sheet
• Carry devices for exploration or game play
• Access the MarketPlace, Bazaar and Bidding Hub
The Landowner: Players 'who own land on Earth2'
Landowners can hire players (think Axie Infinity Scholarships), manage their land, have more voting rights, advertise and trade items.
View full list:
• Voting (every unique Player inside Earth 2 will have voting rights, but Landowners will have additional voting power. Please see Voting for more information); • Building – placement and display of various roads and buildings (EcoSim, Holo, User Created, Mentars, and more); • E-ther Detection which leads to Essence processing, production and collection; • Resource detection and production; • Jewel Production; • Advertising; • Trade; • Storage • Base for the Economic Simulator; • EPLs – Earth 2 Property Locators work like URLs and create an alphanumeric link to that property; • Customisation and modification of the land; • Leasing Land; • Hiring Players to manage your Property; • Hiring Players to defend your Property from attacks in PvP mode • Play-to-Earn
The EcoSim Player: Players who 'specialise in various forms of the Earth 2 Economic Simulator system'
EcoSim Players can produce and trade resources, harvest and craft jewels and build 'automated Defence Systems for Properties' ooh!
View full list:
• Resource Production;
• Resource Management;
• Resource Trading;
• Resource Transportation (where relevant);
• EcoSim Buildings, Research and Management;
• Inventory Management;
• Property Management;
• Jewel Harvesting;
• Jewel Crafting;
• Jewel Slotting;
• E-ther to Essence Production;
• Resource Exploration;
• Build automated Defence Systems for Properties
The Gamer: A Player who 'specialises in playing the real time traditional video games that will exist as PvP options inside the Earth 2 Metaverse'
Gamers can fly, create and customise DRONES, create Guilds, earn Red Co-Op Energy, control territory and 'pillage'
View full list:
• Create and customise DRONES for specific purposes inside the game
• Fly DRONES to attack or defend properties inside a Battle Arena
• Create and Manage Guilds
• Harvest in Game, Steal, Pillage
• Determine Vehicle Classes and Objectives
• Control Territory / Properties
• Work as a Gamer and earn Red Co-Op Energy / Currency
• Master Jewel slotting on vehicles
More activities will be made possible as more games are introduced and made available within Earth 2.
The Creator Player: 'The Creator Player is a Player who specialises in areas of creativity within Earth 2'
They can create Megacities, EcoSim buildings, mint creations, Earn Yellow Co-Op Energy'
View full list:
• Customised EcoSim buildings
• Customised Residential and Commerce buildings
• Customised Emotes
• Mint your creations
• Battle Arena creation
• Video and Photo content (via Earth 2’s Social Media network)
• Advertisements / Logo Creations
• Portal Customisation
• External NFT collections
• Working as a Content Creator each time you successfully sell one of your Creations you will earn Yellow Co-Op Energy
The E-Dollar (E$)
'E-Dollars is a stable in-game currency pegged to the USD value.' (likely a cryptocurrency). Real world fiat currency can be used to purchase E-Dollars. E-Dollars will remain an option to purchase new land for a longer term, but Earth 2 plans to replace some E-Dollar payments with Essence.
The full name of Mentar is 'Elementarizer'. There was some very detailed Earth 2 lore explaining how a Mentar works which can be found by clicking on the arrow below:
From an environmental perspective inside Earth 2, Essence allows inhabitants to make our cake and eat it. After Earth 2 was created, one core piece of technology was quickly discovered, the Elementarizer. It was capable of reading the string echoes of atoms, and creating Essence from the highly concentrated Hydrogen amounts found inside E-ther from which it could then reproduce any other material. All of a sudden, Players could produce raw materials seemingly out of thin air, so long as these raw materials could be found in the ground close by, and in sufficient amounts.
Elementarizers soon became what we now know as Mentars and Players started to construct and place them on their properties. In addition to E-ther detection, it wasn’t just rare earth or oil that Mentars could help replicate; limestone, water, even wood could be produced in excellent quality. Interestingly, withdrawing Hydrogen from the atmosphere in huge amounts made it necessary to “refill” it by taking water from the oceans, helping keep the rising sea levels at bay. However, there are limits to this technology; the string echoes need to be validated to function properly. In other words, a Player is unable to simply put a piece of gold in the ground and expect it to multiply.
The replicated material requires official validation by the Earth 2 Keepers. This validation causes the binary representation of soil around the resources to evaluate the compatibility of the replicated material within its binary core and recognise it as a resource, otherwise the reproduction will not work. There currently exist hundreds of millions of validated Resources inside of Earth 2, however, a Player will sometimes have the opportunity to claim and validate the existence of a resource that the Earth 2 Keepers may have missed. This is known as Resource validation and is described further in the Resources section.
3 Ways to get Essence:
1. Owning land by the construction of Mentars (see the determining factors of E-ther production in the table below)
2. Engagement: Players who validate resources on the Player Resource Validation System and those who are active in megacities and countries will receive Essence.
3. Adoption: Airdrops are isolated Essence rewards given by Earth 2. There will be additional airdrops in the future.
You will also be able to purchase Essence via a decentralised exchange, and grow your holdings via Staking and future mechanics.
1. EPLs (Earth 2 Property Locator) – Existing Essence can be used to purchase or rename an EPL.
2. Jewels - Existing Essence is necessary for improving a Player’s Jewels. See Jewels for more information.
3. Resources (Upcoming) Essence is necessary for the production of Resources. See Resources for more information.
4. Upgrading T2 Properties to T1 (Upcoming) The price to upgrade a T2 Property to a T1 Property will be pinned to the T1 E$ value of the land in that country. The amount of Essence required will be determined by the value of Essence on the decentralised exchanges.
Further use cases for Essence will be released, including validation of Resources on a Property and the construction of Holobuildings.
There was also some currently known information about Mentars, Jewels and E-Ther. If you'd like to view that info, scroll to page 18 on the PDF linked at the start of the article.
The first set of Resources to exist will be: Oil, Coal, Gold, Limestone, Freshwater, Wood, Sand, Iron.
Raw Materials are a core part of what everything is built from in Earth 2. Almost every type of building developed inside of Earth 2 needs Raw Materials for construction. While Raw Materials will mostly be used to construct EcoSim Buildings and produce Building Blocks, they will also be necessary for research, upgrades and maintenance.
A hierarchy of Resources will be introduced, widening the tech tree and making it very difficult to master all aspects of resource production. E2 recommends you choose a couple aspects of resources, and unlock that side of the tech tree as far as possible.
A new EcoSim building was introduced: The Weaver. They use Essence to produce a set amount of Raw Material per tile.
View all information about the Weaver's function
1. Each Raw Material exists in the ground in a relative ratio to all other detectable Raw Materials. This ratio is called “Occurrence”.
2. The respective number of units per tile will be turned into this Raw Material. For example, if a tile has 12% wood comparative to all detected resources, 12 Storage Units of wood can be produced if the Mentar has a Jewel socketed which primes the production of wood.
3. Each Raw Material is produced in various cubic metre amounts per Storage Unit.
4. All detectable Occurrences combine to make up 100% of the producible Raw Materials. Thus in a new tier the Occurrences must be added to the old tiers and then weighted to make up for 100% of the producible units.
5. A heatmap will display the distribution of raw materials that exist on players owned properties.
6. With each new technological tier the Weaver will need to receive an update to allow access to the Raw Materials in the new tier:
• Access to old tier Raw Materials will remain.
• These Raw Materials will be added to the possible ground yield in the Raw Materials heat map.
• The addition will subsequently alter the Occurrence of all other Raw Materials.
• The overall production capabilities of the Weaver will increase.
7. Once the research and construction of the next tier Weaver is complete, the Weaver can produce these Raw Materials according to their new Occurrence in the respective property.
EcoSim Buildings are a special, pre-configured type of building with a specific purpose inside the Economic Simulator.
They can be categorized as follows:
• The Mentar, which transforms Resources and yields Essence through the detection and conversion of E-ther.
• Storage Buildings consisting of a certain number of Storage Units, which translate into a set volume of Resources that can be stored. (Players with Holobuildings placed on their Properties will receive backdated storage capability, as well as the direct ability to transfer their Holobuilding Storage size into Storage Buildings when they are released)
• Industry Buildings, which convert Resources into Building Blocks and other assets.
• Research Buildings, which are needed to research and learn Blueprints, see Blueprint definition.
A Storage Unit is the unit of measurement for storage space on a property. Freshwater and Gold, for example, have a vastly different value to volume ratio. Every Resource has its own volume to Storage Unit conversion rate.
Blueprints: To create Assets from Building Blocks, the corresponding Blueprint must be researched first. Blueprints can be researched through Research Buildings at a cost of Resources and Essence.
Assets: An Asset is the umbrella term for singular finished products physically present on properties, e.g. a house, a drone, a marketing billboard, or a pen. They are created from Building Blocks through Industry Buildings and can be traded on the Bazaar.
A Building Block is a prefabricated part needed to create an asset, e.g. steel beams or bricks. They are created from Resources through Industry Buildings and will be tradable on the Bazaar.
PvP Players will have the ability to create guilds and put their skills and assets up for hire. PvP Players will also be able to control territories and gain rewards for the control of that territory that may include percentages of production of the property control.
There will be a system that records flight and battle history of PvP Players and they will be able to align with Landowners to work together for mutual benefit. The narrative will be based around Players who remotely control Player Created Vehicles from afar to carry out battles, missions and other tasks inside of Earth 2. There will be reasons for PvP Players to interact with all other Player types (LandOwners, EcoSim, Creator) inside of Earth 2.
Official Earth 2 Social Media Platform
Earth 2 will be releasing its own official Earth 2 Social Media Platform later in 2022. This platform will include initial features such as encrypted messages, images, profiles and AR.
View full list here:
• Encrypted calls / video calls
• Encrypted chat + walkie talkie, photos, videos, file transfer and more
• Friend and Follower System
• User Profile Page
• User Gallery (with full privacy)
• Public photo / video feed
• Friends / Following Feed
• Upload Video and Video Scroll Section
• Augmented Reality, Geolocational Photo / Video Drops
• Playback Messaging
• Invisible Data Files (encrypted data that can be stored on your phone virtually undetectable)
• Invisible Chat (encrypted, anonymous chat that can be stored on your phone virtually undetectable)
• Contact Storage / Auto Link Friends via Phone Number • And more
- 5,000,000,000 total supply
- 112,000,000 current circulating supply
- Disinflationary model (cap on Essence generation)
- On the Polygon ERC-20 Ethereum Blockchain
51%: To the Players in the form of Play 2Earn, Airdrops and community rewards.
25%: To the E2 Team - Yes, you heard that right - I so hope they clarify the meaning of this in the whitepaper!
24%: Remaining for advertising, operational costs and Ecosystem Fund (still way too much!)
Decentralised Autonomous Organisation (DAO)
All Earth 2 tiles will be minted into NFTs which serve as a DAO governed by the tiles' owners. Voting rights are awarded based on essence and tile ownership. Holders of these NFT’s will be able to participate in governance decisions brought up for voting inside the Earth 2 Metaverse. Holders will be able to submit DAO proposals, and will be able to vote on those proposals as well.
1. Every Player inside Earth 2 will have the ability to vote, whether they own virtual land or not. However, owners of land will have much higher voting rights and voting power.
T1 land will have more voting rights than T2 Land.
2. Tile owners will have 5 different areas they can cast their votes. They will be able to vote themselves or assign their vote to another Player. They will be able to vote once with their full voting power for every voting issue raised inside each voting area. Each tile owner will be able to vote on :
• Earth 2 voting issues on a global scale
• Voting issues located in the country the tile is owned for country level voting issues
• Voting issues for the state or territory the tile is owned for state / territory voting issues
• Tile owners can assign voting power to one megacity and vote on megacity voting issues
• Tiles owners can assign voting power to one guild and vote on guild voting issues
Past and Future Roadmap:
The roadmap contains several acronyms for as-yet-unknown functions.
If you found this article useful please consider donating as articles like this take multiple hours to produce for the community.